The one constant in the retirement plan industry is change. The 2012 fee disclosure requirements under DOL section 408(b)(2) legislation require 401(k) plan providers to disclose all fees so that more informed decisions about their retirement plan. Currently, the varying level of fees are so complex that it is difficult for plan sponsors and fiduciaries to understand. In response to this LPL Financial Retirement Partners has created a tool to help.
The LPL Financial Retirement Partners Expense Analyzer
LPL Financial Retirement Partners, in partnership with the Center for Fiduciary Management, is proud to introduce the new LPL Financial Retirement Partners Expense Analyzer. The LPL Financial Retirement Partners Expense Analyzer is created with fee transparency in mind. Integrated with the LPL Financial Retirement Partners Fiduciary Monitoring System, the Expense Analyzer produces a Fee Analysis Report, which includes the following.
- Investment Expense and Revenue Sharing Analysis - A list of all fees at the investment level, including expense ratios, wrap fees and revenue sharing. The totals are displayed in both dollar amounts and basis points.
- Summary Investment Expense/Revenue Sharing – A summary of assets based fees, revenue sharing and wrap fees.
- Fee Details - A list of all parties getting paid by the Plan and how much they are receiving for their services with an optional section for advisor commentary.
- Client Fee Summary – A balance calculation of revenue sharing to total plan fees.
The LPL Financial Retirement Partners Expense Analyzer also provides a one-page Fee Analysis Summary that is presentation ready. The summary is comprehensive and easy to read, so we can sit down with you and discuss the real costs of the plan.Benefits to Employers:
- Know how the plans current fees compare to the industry average
- Easy to read format
- Know who, and how much, you are paying